Are There Paddle Board Rentals Near Me?
There are if you’re near Panama City Beach!
Whether it’s for exercise, adventure, or exploring, rent a paddleboard to get up close and personal with nature. Paddleboarding is fun and suitable for all ages, whether you are a beginner or experienced pro.
Where To Paddle Board In Panama City Beach?
Paddle through the private shallow lagoon area behind Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf and Spa resort and discover the underground world. Take pictures, collect shells, or just enjoy the sea at your feet. For evening rentals, enjoy the gorgeous lights that illuminate the resort and the sea.
How To Paddle Board
Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) Basics
PFD (Personal Floatation Device): Adults are not required to wear PFDs by law, but since the U.S. Coast Guard classifies SUPs as vessels, it is required to have one on board if you’re paddling out past surf or swimming areas, so we require them to be worn for all rentals. Children are required by law to wear them while on a SUP.
Traffic Safety: The U.S. Coast Guard requires that you carry a safety whistle in order to warn other vessels of your presence while out on your SUP. If you’re paddling out after sunset, it is advisable to carry a flashlight as well.
Leash: In case you fall off your SUP, a leash keeps you tethered to the board, so you won’t be separated from it. Keep your leash secured to your ankle at all times when using the board.
How To Stand Up And Get Going:
- Wade out into knee-deep water with your board. While standing next to it, gradually climb onto the center of the standing pad, but remain on your knees.
- Holding the paddle, with your hands on either side of the board, move each of your feet to wear your knees have been placed, and slowly stand up, using the paddle the help stabilize yourself.
- Keep your feet parallel, toes pointed to the nose of the board, knees slightly bent, and back straight.
- Look out in front of the board, not down at your feet.
- When paddling, hold the t-grip with the hand opposite of the side of the water the paddle blade is in. Hold the shaft with the other hand.
How Much Does A Paddle Board Rental Cost?
Rates start at $20 for a 1-hour rental.
*Life jackets are required for all stand-up paddleboard rentals
* Underwater cameras, waterproof phone cases, sunscreen available for purchase